Older active adults and Baby Boomers in Michigan are looking for ways to downsize and find living arrangements that enhance their active lifestyles while giving them a maintenance-free environment. Baldwin House Senior Living communities offer that and much more. You may have wondered, what are senior living apartments? We have put together this information to explain.
If you, or your loved ones, are finding it’s not appealing to live alone and have to care for a home any longer, senior living apartments are the ideal option. When you move into an active adult community at Baldwin House, you’re leaving home maintenance, lawn mowing and snow shoveling behind and adding friendship, happiness and access to activities and outings to your daily life.
What are senior living apartments?
Senior living apartments are those that are age-restricted to older adults, are typically in a complex-type setting and offer studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom units. These communities are also safe and secure, and that gives peace of mind to both you and your loved ones.
Are there advantages to living in a Baldwin House Senior Living Community? Yes, and here are a few:
- Living in a senior apartment community offers the chance to build friendships with your neighbors and participate in activities and enjoy meals together.
- There is an increased sense of safety. When living in a community, you have the comfort of knowing you have a “neighbor down the hall.” Many communities offer the advantage of staff being on hand throughout the day and night.
- It may cost you less to rent in a senior community than to pay a mortgage, upkeep and utilities on your home or in another apartment setting.
- You will have more free time to enjoy the activities and outings a senior community plans because you won’t be bothered by home maintenance and upkeep.
- Senior living apartments are easily accessible with walk-in showers and other amenities that older adults appreciate and require.
What are the disadvantages of senior living apartments?
- The apartments will be smaller than your home. When you move into a senior living apartment, chances are you will have to downsize before you move into your new apartment.
- You will be leaving a home in which you had wonderful memories with friends and family. There is no doubt about that, but in your new space, you can build new memories with your family and with the new friends you will make.
As with any major lifestyle change, you will need to weigh your options and choose the best active adult apartment for you and your unique needs. Call one of our Baldwin House Senior Living communities near you, schedule a tour and see if our community might be just right for you!
Visit a Baldwin House Senior Living community near you and ask what activities we have planned for our residents. Baldwin House Senior Living is built upon the strong foundation of guiding families and empowering seniors.
Baldwin House combines care with compassion and dignity. We offer families peace of mind and give seniors who call Baldwin House home the freedom to live their very best lives. Call us today to schedule a visit. We’d love to meet you or your loved one!