Baldwin House Senior Living provides respite care for a variety of reasons in its various communities. What are the benefits of respite care? Who could benefit from respite care? Are there specific circumstances that would require respite care? We will answer these questions and many others, and we welcome you to call a community near you and ask about the respite services it provides.
What is respite care?
It can be an in-home service, or respite care can be provided onsite at Baldwin House Senior Living in Michigan. With respite care, trained professionals step in and take over for family members for a specific period of time. If you’re a family member who’s been acting as the caregiver for your aging loved one, respite services give you a chance to step back and recharge your own batteries.
Respite care services can also:
- Help older adults regain strength following an injury or illness
- Give family members peace of mind if they want to vacation or have a weekend getaway. In this instance, they can travel knowing their loved one is being cared for.
Respite care services vary, but here are a few that may be provided, depending on where you go or if you opt for in-home respite services.
- Assistance with medication
- Assistance with personal hygiene
- 24/7 caregiving
- Meal prep
- Nighttime bed-checks
- And more
What Are The Benefits Of Respite Care?
There are myriad benefits for the caregivers of an aging adult, but are there any benefits to the senior citizen receiving respite services? In fact, there are, and they include:
- Access to highly skilled care if your loved one is recovering from a surgical procedure and requires follow-up, close monitoring or rehabilitation services. You will want to discuss the needs your loved one has before you decide which type of respite facility is best suited to their unique situation.
- As mentioned, the aging adult will receive assistance with bathing, getting dressed for the day, or getting ready for bed, meal prep and transportation to and from doctors’ visits.
- Respite care gives the aging adult a change in scenery. Your loved one will have access to activities and can share meals with other residents at Baldwin House Senior Living. This is an ideal way for your loved one to make friends and to help beat loneliness.
- Your aging loved one knows that the care you provide to them can be overwhelming at times, even if they may not acknowledge the sacrifices you’re making. Giving you a chance to step back while ensuring your loved one is cared for provides the opportunity for you to take a vacation or even a weekend off. Adult daycare is a form of respite service that caregivers can utilize, giving them a chance to run errands, go to work and take care of other family obligations.
- Baldwin House Senior Living wants the community to know it offers short-term, aka respite care, services in its home-like environment within its senior living community. The team offers not only personalized care and medication management but also supervision, security and companionship for your loved one.
We know caregivers feel “guilty” and don’t want to admit they need a break from caregiving. Admitting that you are overwhelmed but knowing you are researching and seeking a safe solution for a short-term stay for your loved one is beneficial for the entire family. Respite care at Baldwin House Senior Living gives you the opportunity to restore your own physical and mental energy and de-stress. It gives your loved one a change of scenery and an opportunity to make new friends.
Visit a Baldwin House Senior Living community near you and ask what activities we have planned for our residents as we welcome autumn together. Baldwin House Senior Living is built upon the strong foundation of guiding families and empowering seniors.
Baldwin House combines care with compassion and dignity. We offer families peace of mind and give seniors who call Baldwin House home the freedom to live their very best lives. Call us today to schedule a visit. We’d love to meet you or your loved one!